Sunday, 12 February 2017
20 Things I Love Best in the World
We're almost at Valentine's Day and, in honour of this time of year, I thought I'd write a post on the twenty things that I love the most. Some of them won't surprise you, but a few might!
1. My family
2. My dog, Bonnie, and my cat, Bob
3. Opening a magazine and seeing a story of mine in there
5. Singing in my choir
6. People who hold doors open for me (sorry but I'm old-fashioned)
7. Any Greek Island
8. The Lake District
9. Cream cheese and banana sandwiches
10. Red wine
11. Walking by the river
12. Les Miserables
13. Australian Masterchef
14. My electric blanket in winter
17. My friends
20. My blog readers for continuing to support me!
And while we're talking of love, I have two valentine stories in this week's People's Friend. It's unusual for this magazine to publish more than one story from a writer, so I'm very honoured. I actually wrote and sent them last year but missed the Valentine boat, so I had to read them again to remember what they were about!
And finally, if you're in the mood for romance, you can find twelve of my published favourites in my short story collection, Room in Your Heart, which (for the price of a small coffee) can be bought here.